Leading High Performing Teams – Workshop
This 2-day workshop is a tool for leadership development. It is designed to help participants create and accomplish their personal best, and to help them lead others to get extraordinary things done.
At its core, leadership means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time, and build roads to precious resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their colleagues, and align the ambitions of the many with the needs of the organization.
What makes for a great leader? Is it something to do with inward characteristics, such as confidence and focus? Is it more about outward presence, including charm and compassion? Or is it about the ability to create a vision and get others to commit to it?
The answer is all of the above. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realize that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
At the end of this program, participants should be able to:
- Manage and motivate their employees towards excellent performance
- Learn to help their employees to harness their full potential towards excellence in the workplace
- Understand employees’ personal needs and motivate innovative thinking
- Apply knowledge of individual differences to motivate others
- Remove blocks to motivation and develop people skills to motivate others
- Gain insights into their own strengths and weaknesses and leadership styles
- Be able to understand the emotional makeup of their teams, colleagues and customers
- Have begun to develop leadership competencies and skills to motivate employees
- Understand and begin to practice innovative leadership
- Have built a foundation for continuous Improvement
- Be able to harness their employees’ emotional intelligence to release creativity in the workplace
- Understand and practice key people skills to motivate towards excellence
Most of our courses are practical based workshops which focus on activities, exercises and interactive sessions which include activities that address the challenges faced by the participants in their day to day work environment, activities that should assess their strengths and weaknesses etc. Workshops as a rule should cover 60% of theory and 40% of practical hands on exercises.
Methods will include “freeze-frame” role plays, case studies and self-assessments, and other practical activities based around real working scenarios. Learning will be enhanced through active involvement in exercises followed by review. Opportunities for self-assessment will be provided and feedback on individual and group performance will be encouraged. Participants will have opportunities to work on their own individual team issues during the training seminar.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes