FREIGHT TRANSPORT (2 DAYS)
The Freight Transport Masterclass element provides a sound foundation in road, rail, air and sea freight transport. The focus is primarily from a user perspective in order to provide a logistics and supply chain management viewpoint. However, in road freight, the module also covers more detailed fleet management and operational aspects, recognising that many organisations operate their own road transport fleets but also reflecting the importance of road freight as the primary inland freight mode in most geographies for national traffic. The Masterclass will enable the participants to categorize and critically discuss model attributes, operational issues and market structures for different transport modes. Construct and apply freight transport cost models and assess the cost/service trade-offs inherent in the proposed transport solution. It will help then recognise and calculate the impact of lead/transit time on overall supply chain efficiency and effectiveness. Estimate the breakeven point between modes where distance is the determining factor and choose between the different transport modes and combine them with other elements to form an efficient and effective supply chain.
GBNTC offers a series of Masterclasses that together complete a program. Each Masterclass consists of short lectures, case studies, practical exercises, group discussions, networking with industry peers and an experience beyond comprehension. The Instructional tools utilized in developing these sessions are latest industry best practices, CEO voice surveys, industry impact analysis and market observations. The sessions are challenging and practical, they offer knowledge integrated with latest technology wherever applicable.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND FREIGHT TRANSPORT COURSE?
Top executive management (private and public sectors) including:
- Senior Business Executives
- Department Heads
- Regional Managers
- Decision Makers and Business Owners
- Heads of the departments ( Procurement, supply chain and logistics )
- Supply Chain Professionals and Managers
- Project managers
- Contract specialists and managers
- Operations and Procurement Managers
- Retailers and Logistic Experts
- Freight and Cargo Dealers
- The participants will be able to explore purchasing, production and distribution strategies for a global environment
- Distinguish evolving supply relationships from arm’s length to Joint Ventures and explain the potential roles of co-ordination and collaboration
- Conceptual understanding and critical awareness of emerging supply chain sustainability models on reverse logistics;
- Distinguish the different characteristics of agile supply chains, identify pre-conditions to agility and propose capabilities and practices to improve supply chain agility.
- Discover tools to adjust core procedures bringing about the accomplishment of operational brilliance
- Evaluate alternatives for automation of the procurement process through available technologies.
- Adopt value as a guiding principle to deliver superior managerial performance with significant business impact
- Comprehend structures to oversee dangers and open doors for feasible production network administration on a worldwide scale.
Certification Courses offered by GBNTC in Khobar, Dammam, Riyadh and Jeddah.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English, Arabic
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes